Pendants + Charms
As much as we hope you love your jewelry so much you never want to take it
off, we also want to make sure your pieces last for years to come. So, here’s
what you can do to ensure they do:
- Keep away from moisture.
- Remove before entering water or exercising.
- Do not apply perfumes and lotions directly on to jewelry.
- Remove before sleeping.
Permanent Jewelry is meant to be enjoyed and worn, always -- so here are some things you can do to ensure it stays a pretty as day you got it:
- If frequently in chemicals or a hard environment (pools, hot tubs, salt water, etc.) gently wash your pieces with dry to remove anything can you expedite tarnishing.
- Avoid directly applying perfumes and/or lotions on the jewelry.
- After getting wet, gently pat dry your pieces to remove all moisture.
- Keep in mind, permanent does NOT mean invincible -- these pieces were specifically made to be very dainty and they will break if tugged or caught and pulled with force. This is a good thing! You want them to snap to avoid injury, but be aware when working out or being overly active to ensure your pieces last for years to come!
Sterling Silver Jewelry
All sterling silver, no matter the source, will naturally oxidize over time. Many factors such as individual pH rate, geographic location, wear frequency, etc. can contribute to the oxidation of sterling silver. However, unlike electroplated metals, .925 sterling silver pieces can always be easily returned right back to their original luster with appropriate polish/sterling cleaner. Each Luna & Jade package includes one polishing cloth to use if tarnishing may occur. With proper care & cleaning, your sterling silver will last for years to come. All of our sterling silver is lead + nickel free.
14-k Gold Filled
14k gold-fill is a great alternative to solid gold jewelry. It is a pressure bonded layer of gold that has 100x more gold than plated jewelry and does not tarnish as easily. These characteristics make it a beautiful, durable, and economical alternative to solid gold, that will last years if cared for properly. All of our 14k gold-filled jewelry is lead and nickel free.